Peter Rabbit is a firm favourite when decorating a child’s nursery; and the popularity keeps growing. I have seen a huge interest in Peter Rabbit themed baby showers, christenings and first birthday parties recently…
If you want to add that special detail to your party, you can make the perfect blue jacket hanging amongst the vegetable patch.
I hosted an adorable Peter Rabbit themed baby shower and created my very own Mr McGregor’s garden. I created the garden by using a large wishing tree – where I asked guests to write their well wishes for the baby onto tags, and hang them onto branches.
I completed the overall look by adding a plant pot, watering can, foliage and of course a Peter Rabbit scarecrow prop that I am going to show you how to create today! It was a perfect way to provide lasting memories and link into the Peter Rabbit theme. You can check the baby shower out here.
If you want to create your very own Peter Rabbit scarecrow prop you can follow these 7 easy step by step instructions:
1. Cut out paper Peter Rabbit coat template
2. Trace paper template onto blue felt
3. Cut out blue felt Peter Rabbit coat template and fold over
4. Use glue to close sides of coat marked ‘adhesive’ on blue felt and secure three gold buttons
There you have it – you have made your very own Peter Rabbit jacket! 🐰🍃
5. Put wooden sticks into a cross and secure together with elastic band
6. Place cross into block of craft foam which can be placed inside miniature bucket or covered with artificial grass
7. Decorate with some foliage
The Peter Rabbit scarecrow looks perfect on a sweets table and makes for a great party prop!
These were some Peter Rabbit themed sweet cones I designed for the baby shower.
If you enjoyed this post then click the like button and share on social media. You can always follow me for more ideas 🙂