Peter Rabbit is a firm favourite for Mums-to-Be when decorating their child’s nursery and the popularity is reflected in the number of themed baby showers, christenings and first birthday parties I have seen recently…
Add that special detail to your Peter Rabbit theme with his little blue coat hanging among the vegetable patch in Mr McGregor’s garden.
I hosted an adorable Peter Rabbit themed baby shower and created my very own Mr McGregor’s garden as a backdrop to a wishing tree station.
I wanted to put a twist on the traditional custom of a guest book; so I used a large wishing tree where I asked guests to write their wishes onto tags and hang them onto the branches.
I completed the garden with a plant pot, watering can, foliage and of course a Peter Rabbit scarecrow! It was a perfect way to provide lasting memories and link into the Peter Rabbit theme. You can check the baby shower out here.
If you would like to create your very own Peter Rabbit coat scarecrow you can follow these 7 easy step by step instructions:
- A4 Peter Rabbit coat template
- A4 Blue felt
- Gold buttons
- Wooden sticks
- Elastic band
1. Cut out paper Peter Rabbit coat template
2. Trace paper template onto blue felt
3. Cut out blue felt Peter Rabbit coat template and fold over
4. Use glue to close sides of coat marked ‘adhesive’ on blue felt and secure three gold buttons
Voila – you have made your very own Peter Rabbit coat! 🐰🍃
5. Put wooden sticks into a cross and secure together with elastic band
6. Place cross into block of craft foam which can be placed inside miniature bucket or covered with artificial grass
7. Decorate with some foliage
The Peter Rabbit coat scarecrow looks perfect on a sweets table and makes for a great party prop!
These were some Peter Rabbit themed sweet cones I designed for the baby shower.
Please follow Teacups and Glitter on Facebook for more party ideas, DIY tutorials and FREE templates. If you enjoyed this post then please share with all of your friends.