Peter Rabbit is a firm favourite for Mums-to-Be when decorating their child’s nursery; and the popularity keeps growing, what with the number of themed baby showers, christenings and first birthday parties popping up recently…
If you want to add that special detail to your Peter Rabbit theme, you can make his little blue coat hanging among the vegetable patch in Mr McGregor’s garden.
I hosted an adorable Peter Rabbit themed baby shower and created my very own Mr McGregor’s garden.
I wanted to put a twist on the traditional custom of a guest book; so I used a large wishing tree where I asked guests to write their well wishes onto tags and hang them onto the branches.
I completed the overall look of the garden with a plant pot, watering can, foliage and of course a Peter Rabbit scarecrow! It was a perfect way to provide lasting memories and link into the Peter Rabbit theme. You can check the baby shower out here.
If you want to create your very own Peter Rabbit coat scarecrow you can follow these 7 easy step by step instructions:
- A4 Peter Rabbit coat template
- A4 Blue felt
- Gold buttons
- Wooden sticks
- Elastic band
1. Cut out paper Peter Rabbit coat template
2. Trace paper template onto blue felt
3. Cut out blue felt Peter Rabbit coat template and fold over
4. Use glue to close sides of coat marked ‘adhesive’ on blue felt and secure three gold buttons
There you have it – you have made your very own Peter Rabbit coat! 🐰🍃
5. Put wooden sticks into a cross and secure together with elastic band
6. Place cross into block of craft foam which can be placed inside miniature bucket or covered with artificial grass
7. Decorate with some foliage
The Peter Rabbit coat scarecrow looks perfect on a sweets table and makes for a great party prop!
These were some Peter Rabbit themed sweet cones I designed for the baby shower.
Please follow Teacups and Glitter on Facebook for more party ideas, DIY tutorials and FREE templates. If you enjoyed this post then please share with all of your friends.